Re: A reminder about the facts

From: Florian La Roche <florian_at_knorke.saar.de>
Date: Tue, 3 Jun 1997 17:50:05 +0200

On Tue, Jun 03, 1997 at 09:55:59AM -0400, Eric S. Raymond wrote:
> Marcus G. Daniels:
> > So when the new person comes along who manages the package in some way you
> > don't like, how can we be sure you won't want to shut her down too?
>
> Because at that point Zeyd and I won't have the right to do it.
> --
> Eric S. Raymond

Would you immediately hand the sources to the new maintainer who could
also immedialtely distribute them under GPL/BSD copyright license,
or does the new maintainer have to work for you for a certain time
until he can change the copyright status?

When will things be decided? What is your exact point about the next
maintainer?

Is this ok: Code is immediately changed to BSD/GPL and I put together
new beta packages for the next 1/2 year. During this time, I will
also accept any patches from Thomas Dickey, but also from any other person,
if the patches seem ok to me. (Though I don't see a real point in doing so.
Thomas Dickey could just go on doing patches like he does right now. He is
actually mainly the one doing the work right now.)

But if you can explain me, why this setup would help you putting ncurses
under GPL/BSD, I would be willing to spend some time on ncurses.
If Thomas really prevents you from further developing ncurses, these
things should help. Or don't they?

Greetings,

Florian La Roche